Van Gogh, American Van Gogh, Squiggleism, the Epiphany of My Life, Angel Oak, and Stefan Duncan

I just had the epiphany of my life. You ever have one of those moments when suddenly everything in your life comes together to a kind of fate....or journey down a path that you realized had been mapped out for you long before you took your first step. Angel Oak is that for me. Lol.... it all started with the tree...the one I slammed into in a car accident that put me in a coma. It took me on the path to become an artist. And the first painting I ever did back in 2001 or so of "The Glory Tree" go figure... was of a tree with a glorious sun, an oak tree...go figure. And here I am 16 years later, from a guy just beginning art in a very late start, to be posting of a photo of Angel Oak, that seems to have revealed to me a vision of my spiritual faith. From a little newspaper editor of a small town in North Carolina, I become one of the world's top contemporary artists with a spiritual mission started 16 years ago, and today...I have my epiphany that this journey I begin from the moment of striking that - of all things - an oak tree. Everything that has happened to me since then, I would do it all over again for the place it has lead me to be today. I feel the Great Spirit, through Angel Oak, is the mission of my life.... to reveal to the world the sacredness of the land not only for its physical importance that goes with breathing, but of our spiritual. This photo is like the Holy Grail of my life. I feel so blessed...and double so I have my friends, my people from around the world that are spiritually with me. Acaw! So, when I start on my painting inspired from this photo, I already know it will be the most meaning, spiritual painting I shall ever do in my life time..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog