Going Underground

As of midnight tonight, I will be going "underground" where Kristen will be the only communication I have with the outside world. I want to devote my full attention to "Ascension" and I will not ascend from the studio until I have some completed works and well on my way. I created a page on the website that explains ASCENSION.

"The idea of Ascension for my works is the exalted state of elation before entering the eternal spiritual realm of Heaven. After hardships overcome by perseverance and hope, it is the time between realization of faith confirmed and entering the Heaven dreamth a lifetime., " Stefan Duncan. (The paintings may be symbolic of any adversity overcome and the elation of victory.)

"May Divine inspiration enter my mind, heart, and brush as I begin the most sacred project I have ever done." Though the first exhibit may consist of 30 paintings, this project will be ongoing like a Walt Whitman poem. My dream is to create a painting that "awes" as if it was the burning bush." And long after I have departed, I hope these paintings will inspire hope and exaltation in the hearts of generations to come." Oct. 30, 2009

The concept of humans directly entering heaven without dying (called by various religions ascension , assumption, or translation) is a belief held by multiple religions and mythic traditions, including the three main Abrahamic religionsJudaism, Christianity, Islam. Since death is generally considered the normal end to an individual's life on earth, entering heaven without dying first is considered exceptional and usually a sign of God's special recognition of the individual's piety. (Wikipedia)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Van Gogh, American Van Gogh, Squiggleism, the Epiphany of My Life, Angel Oak, and Stefan Duncan